How to get rid of stoop. 5 measured exercises to strengthen the back
You will need a barbell, two pairs of dumbbells and one fitness band.
Stoop is a big problem of modern man. We spend a lot of time sitting at the computer in the office and at home and, without noticing it, worsen the condition of the spine even more. Today’s workout will help you correct your posture. One important condition is the constancy with which you will need to perform the exercises. This will help you achieve tangible results faster.
fitness trainer and blogger
For training, you will need a barbell or bodybar, two pairs of dumbbells – a larger one (I have 5 kg) and a smaller one (I have 1.5 kg) – and a fitness rubber band.
If you don’t have a barbell or bodybar, you can use dumbbells. All shells that are used in this workout are interchangeable. The variability of exercises can be viewed in the video at the end of the article.
Between exercises, you can do a short stretch to relieve tension from the back muscles.
Pulling the bar to the stomach in an incline
- Set your legs wide, pick up a bodybar or barbell, palms look up.
- Tilt your body forward slightly so that your back remains straight.
- Slowly pull the bar to your stomach, gradually bending your arms.
- At the highest point, the shoulder blades should be brought together, and the elbows should look strictly back.
Perform the exercise twice for 20 repetitions, a break between sets – 20 seconds. The second approach can be performed with large dumbbells by analogy.
Pulling a fitness band with your hand to your stomach
- Sit on a sofa or chair, bend your right leg at the knee, straighten your left leg and hook a fitness rubber band on your foot.
- With your left hand, grasp the end of the elastic band and slowly pull back, bending your arm at the elbow.
- When moving back, the elbow should not go to the side, the back remains straight.
- As you move your arm forward, relax your muscles, let the elastic pull you forward.
Perform the exercise in two sets of 20 repetitions, a break between sets – 20 seconds. Switch sides before the second set.
Raising and spreading arms with dumbbells
You will need light weight dumbbells for this exercise.
- Take dumbbells in your hands, put your feet shoulder-width apart, tilt your body forward slightly so that your back remains straight. The legs are slightly bent at the knees.
- Raise straight arms with dumbbells above your head, then spread your arms and bend them at the elbows. Bring your shoulder blades together at this point.
- Straighten your arms up again and lower to the starting position.
- Perform the exercise slowly and carefully so that all muscles receive a load.
- Don’t round your back while doing it.
Do the exercise in two sets of 20 repetitions, a break between sets – 20 seconds. The second approach can be done with a fitness band: see the video at the bottom of the article for more details.
- Lie on the floor, bend your arms at the elbows and put on the floor, legs straight.
- While inhaling, bending in the back, tear off your arms and legs from the floor. Hold yourself like this for a few seconds.
- As you exhale, lower yourself to the starting position.
- The gaze should be directed downward throughout the exercise.
We perform in two sets of 20 repetitions, a break – 20 seconds. The second set can be done with light dumbbells.
Hyperextension with fitness band
- Lie on your back, take a fitness band in your hands and straighten them, legs straight.
- While inhaling, raise your legs, bend your arms at the elbows and put the fitness elastic band as far as possible behind your back. Keep the elastic at the end point in tension.
- Straighten your arms and lower your legs and arms to the floor.
Do the exercise in two sets of 20 repetitions, a break between sets – 20 seconds.
See the video for detailed exercises.
Perform this complex two more times, and at the end of the workout, do a small stretch for the back muscles.
For more posture exercises, check out this article.
A set of effective exercises for the posture of a dream